Shipment size matters
- The package should be within 150 lbs.
- Packages can be up to a maximum of 108 inches long.
You can calculate the parcel dimensions using an automated dimensioning system, which provides both the actual weight and dimensional weight accurately. This will help you determine if your shipments fall within the parameters of Parcel Shipping or if LTL (Less than Truck Load) shipping is more suitable. Additionally, let’s consider the other aspects of choosing effective shipping.
Are you shipping fragile or delicate items?
- Individual Handling: Parcel carriers are equipped to handle individual packages with care and precision.
- Specialized Packaging: Many parcel carriers offer packaging solutions tailored to fragile items. These packages are designed to provide extra protection, such as padding, cushioning, and double boxing, to safeguard the delicate contents.
- Dedicated Tracking and Visibility: Parcel services offer comprehensive tracking and visibility for each package. This transparency provides peace of mind and allows for quick action if any issues arise during transit.
- Careful Loading and Unloading: Fragile items are often placed on top or isolated from heavier or potentially damaging cargo, further minimizing the chances of damage during transit.
- Customized Handling Instructions: You can provide customized handling instructions to the carrier. This can include marking the package as “Fragile” or specifying special instructions for the delivery.
Is speed or cost saving your top priority?
How frequently do you ship?
Choosing eco-friendly shipping
- Use dimensioning system – For multiple shipments, use dimensioning system to calculate the dimensional weight, which helps to calculate the shipping cost before shipping it.
- Compare rates from different carriers – You can use a shipping aggregator to compare rates from different carriers to find the best deal.
- Consolidate your shipments – If you have multiple shipments going to the same destination, try to consolidate them into a single shipment. This can save you money on shipping costs.